Don't Shake the Baby

Generalist sentiments regarding love, the art of drinking and drive by farting.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Big Ass Fear

I'm somewhat frightened of bugs, but only when they crawl on me or menacingly chase me into a corner. The house spider here in Seattle is a giant brown hairy monster that has relegated more than one pair of my shoes to the dust bin post-encounter.

Then there are scary movies, bad dreams and the smell of gin...all give me goose bumps, but generally the feeling is passing. Sometimes I think of what it would be like to loose my mom and live in this world alone.

But today, the thing the scares the crap out of me to the point that I've cancelled all my colonic appointments for the foreseeable future is the prospect of riding my bike in the STP.

Screw you Betagal and your crazy "to do" list!!!


3 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, February 02, 2005, Blogger Betagal said…

    Did you sign up?
    Signing up is on my "to do" list.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, February 02, 2005, Blogger Betagal said…

    My friend Zandrea is afraid of spiders. Terrified, really. There's an old story about her calling my friend Robert once because there was a HUGE spider in her apartment. She was on the phone, freaking out and crying because it was so big.

    She ended up sucking the little fucker up into her vacuum, and then proceeded to put the vacuum on her front porch so the spider couldn't crawl back out into her apartment.

    Later that night she and Robert went drinking and Z got loaded (y'know, to relieve all that post-spider stress). Robert dropped her off in the wee hours of the A.M. in front of her house, watched her stumble up the stairs... and then kick the shit out of that poor vacuum cleaner before she went into apartment. He still loves to tell that story.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, February 03, 2005, Blogger thatgirlkelly said…

    Screw Fear! I signed up for the STP. My only concern now, are the outfits Heidi is picking out for us!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home