Don't Shake the Baby

Generalist sentiments regarding love, the art of drinking and drive by farting.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Dig Me Out

I have so much crap. Unbelievable really. My house is tiny and yet I was able to fill the back of my station wagon with donatables. The plan for Sunday was to clean out the basement rooms. One is an office of sorts and the other is the tool shed, both deep in clutter as a result of a massive remodel last spring. Yeah, I said LAST spring. I am the queen of procrastination, which is why I post so much to this damn blog.

I was only able to get through the office.

The hardest thing to decide is what to keep and what to trash. I always thought I was pretty ruthless in these situations. Bread maker—GONE! Paper shedder that sucks---OUTTA HERE! Crappy linens---POOF!

It’s the little shit that drives me crazy. I finally just tossed this old iron-on “Redwood Forest- CDFC” patch. This swag has been with me since 1989. I can’t even remember how I acquired it. And why does anyone need an entire box of rocks, twigs, leaves and lichen? Jesus! Just walk outside.

Turns out I’m not such a toughie after all. The following is a list of things I apparently cannot live with out:

  • Jars of various shapes and sizes obtained through the years, dirty, never used in my hands with no caps
  • Soap molds from a project I started 5 years ago.
  • One giant block of wax, wicks and aluminum wick tabs (see previous entry)
  • A calling card from the George Bush the 1st era, with Newt Gingrich’s head on it???
  • Various beads, chains, rings and single earrings
  • 5 pairs of sunglasses missing a single screw
  • 4 wigs
  • 3 cigar boxes
  • Two leopard print jackets ( TWO!!????)
  • One badly made dress ala Marie Antoinette

You will recognize me when I'm old and homeless, just look for the cigar smoking, cheetah clad French aristocrat calling Newt from a pay phone....hair styles may vary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home