Don't Shake the Baby

Generalist sentiments regarding love, the art of drinking and drive by farting.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

No Inspiration

How do people blog every day? I’m more of a lightening strikes kind of person, can’t really get the ol’ keys a clacking unless inspired. But I’m going to give it a go, a daily entry that will hopefully drum up some readership.

Last night, in lieu of sweeping the floor that currently is home to a warren of dust bunnies and a dried skin or two of onions, I watched a couple of documentaries. FYI- I am a documentary junkie. I LOVE them. Radio, Film, Books, TV you name it, I’m into it. And I’m not a snob about it either, “E True Hollywood Story, Meg Ryan” is right up there with “Fog of War”.

Documentary number one: Inside the Celluloid Closet.
This is a movie about the portrayal of homosexuals in films throughout Hollywood’s history. Amazing how we move from the freedom to express intimacy between people to a more rigid implied intimacy. I would say this applies to all relationships, M/F, M/M, F/F, but most markedly in the physical expression of tenderness between men. We move from soft touch to couched looks in the early years. The screenwriters became masters if implication. Even more interesting was how closeted audiences learned to decipher this language of silence. Definitely worth watching…I ended up adding most of the films they discussed to my NetFlix Que.

Documentary number two: Bush’s Brain.
Fuckin’ Karl Rove. What a douche bag. I will write more on this later…so much bigger than all of us. I have a plan for next election.

All right, I’ve done my duty. I’m out, until tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, September 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yahoo Accused Of Helping China Jail Journalist
    A French media watchdog said Tuesday that information provided by Internet powerhouse Yahoo Inc.
    Great blog, I'll definatly recommend it to some of my friends that are into horse racing

    I also have a site on horse racing bet

    Please feel free to take a look

     

Post a Comment

<< Home